At Leimkuehler Inc., we utilize the STAR Family of Cranial Remolding Orthoses. This product has been used to treat common head shape deformities in infants since 2001. STAR helmets have successfully treated over 400,000 infants and offer the first FDA approved head shape orthoses available to O&P practitioners across the United States. We have a passion for working with infants and their families and take great pride in being the best at cranial remolding in the area.Our certified cranial specialists are compassionate, accommodating and professional.
STARband and STARlight are lightweight, custom molded helmets designed specifically for your infant’s head shape.
- With their hypoallergenic design for babies with sensitive skin, they reduce the risk of skin irritation and rashes.
- They allow for better grip to your infant’s skin to decrease shifting or rotating.
- The clear make-up of this helmet allows better visualization of contact, growth, and any possible concerns to be addressed quickly and efficiently during treatment.
- This softer surlyn plastic allows for easy continued adjustments as your infant grows, while still capturing full growth.
- STARlight helmets are only 1/4in in thickness, compared to the 3/4in thickness of competitor’s styles.
- The easy to clean material eliminates the build-up of sweat and odor.
For more information, please visit the manufacturer's website.https://www.orthomerica.com/smartsoc
A prescription is required for a cranial remolding orthosis. Prescriptions can come from your pediatrician or specialists from the craniofacial or neurosurgery departments.
Leimkuehler Inc. offers free cranial head shape evaluations. At your appointment, we will measure and scan your infants head. According to these measurements, we will identify the category in which your infant falls under based on the Childrens Hospital of Atlanta headshape severity scale.
To schedule an appointment, please call 216-651-7788.
At the time of your appointment you will need to bring the following items:
- Your infant
- Insurance card
- Physician RX
- All physical therapy notes (if applicable)
As a new mother to twin babies, I was used to hearing about complications that may occur but when the babies are born, the feeling starts to diminish. Then you’re told your children need physical therapy and additionally that 1 of them could benefit from a cranial molding helmet so naturally your mind starts racing all over again with all the ‘what ifs.’
I walked into Leimkuehler Inc with a 5 month old baby and was greeted by Whitney, who explained everything I needed to know. She reassured me that there was nothing ‘wrong’ with my son. She took time & answered all my questions never pressuring me to make a decision. Once we got our helmet, she gave me her personal number to call in case I needed anything at all which I did & to which she made me feel comfortable doing. Most importantly, she interacted & played with son who loves her!!
We had the pleasure of meeting Greg as well who met us at our PT appointment to make adjustments to our helmet - this service is amazing & makes it so convenient. The experience and the care we received from everyone at Leimkuehler is very special to our family & we can’t thank them enough! They’re simply the best!